This is a simple yet very effective guide in maintaining cleanliness in your hardwood flooring. These are basic information collected from dedicated homeowners.
Simple ways to clean wood floors – here’s how:
- Sweeping your wood floors regularly eliminates dirt and sand, preventing it from causing scratches on your beautiful floor. Always use a soft brush with fine bristles.
- Vacuuming once or twice a week also removes dirt and sand effectively. Use a soft brush vacuum attachment and always check it if still in best condition to minimize scratching.
- Since water could be your wood floor’s enemy too, get rid of it. Right away! Remove wet spills instantly with clean and dry mop.
- Use a thoroughly wrung out damp mop when cleaning polyurethane finished wood floors. Follow it up with a dry mop, since excess water can be absorbed into seams and will eventually ruin your hardwood floor.
- Consider using non-skid pads carpet runners, especially high traffic areas of your house.
- Vacuum areas cover by carpet and rugs often so dirt does not pile down through the weave. This will cause scratches underneath without you noticing it.
- As much as possible, do not wear heavy shoes or pointed high heels on hardwood floors. These foot wears can cause dents on your hardwood floors.
- Don’t drag furniture across your wooden floor. You can choose to clean the floor thoroughly, remove sand and grit, and then use “gliding furniture pads” underneath the piece to give it a nice and smooth sliding capability across the floor area.
- Place floor mats in every entrance, even in porch to reduce the amount of sand particles that enters your house.
- Always ask and follow your floor manufacturer or installer’s recommendations to repair hardwood scratches and dents.
- Buy furniture pads and use them under tables and chair legs and on the base of dressers and wardrobes. They can be purchased at a local home builder store or the company that installed your floor.
Follow these tips carefully, enjoy a shiny and bright wood floors which your friends will surely envy.
West Coast Timbers is your local supplier of wooden furniture and wooden flooring. We have a wide variety of products to choose from to best suit your need. Call us today to get a free quote and ask questions.